Congratulations on your Best of 55+ Housing Award! It shows the commitment to improving your craft and the value you place on professionalism and design excellence in the industry. Make the most of your win to advance your career and business prospects in your local community in addition to the national benefits.
What sets the Best of 55+ Housing Awards apart from other programs is the year-round recognition that the winners receive. We encourage you to celebrate your win as soon as you are notified.
What We Do
- Host an award ceremony for winners and their peers during the International Builders' Show (IBS).
- Distribute an engraved crystal trophy (Gold, Silver and Innovation). Purchase duplicates after the ceremony at Congrats.nahb.org.
- Recognize all winners in the winners' portfolio.
- Highlighted on nahb.org/55plusawards.
- Recognize all winners in the 55+ Housing Central during the International Builders' Show (IBS).
- Feature winners in articles in the 55+ Housing Council Magazine.
- Feature winning projects in blogs and on NAHBNow blog.
- Showcase winners across the National Association of Home Builders social media outlets, including Facebook, Instagram and Houzz.
- Recognition in Where to Retire magazine and in other respected magazines.
- Distribute a national press release announcement from NAHB.
What You Can Do
- Use the Best of 55+ Housing Awards graphics on your website, in print materials and as an email signature. To download, click the appropriate award level. Your download will include both print and web versions for your use.
- Design a webpage on your company’s website that lists the award(s) in which your company or community is a finalist. This builds credibility.
- Add a link to the photo gallery section of the 55+ Housing Awards website that showcases your project to your company press releases, webpages and promotional materials.
- Create a feature story about your accomplishment and add it to your company e-newsletter and send it out to all of your industry contacts.
- Include an awards promo on your home page and Facebook page that highlights your project.
- Make a presentation at your HBA general membership meeting or local council meeting. It could bring new business your way.
- Create banners or a billboard and display it on the façade or inside the lobby or sales center of your project.
- Record a telephone message mentioning your project and include it on your community or company’s voicemail. This will let others (including future customers) know how good your community or services are while they are on hold.
- Include your status in your email signature to let others know about the quality of your work.
- Make your award part of your overall media strategy for the next year. Include it in your TV/radio commercials, social media, company or community fact sheets, e-blasts or marketing promos, or any other media outlet that you employ to promote your business.
- Be creative—tell everybody that your project is a 55+ Housing Award winner and reinforce the excellence of your project and the value of the NAHB Best of 55+ Housing Awards program.