Applying for a 55+ Housing Award
All applications are completed and submitted through the online awards entry portal. Please review the criteria for individual category requirements before beginning the entry process.
Categories are grouped into three focus areas: 55+ Architectural Design, 55+ Marketing and Lifestyle, and 55+ Individuals of the Year. To submit for a Builder of the Year award, the nominee MUST be a current NAHB 55+ Housing Industry Council member.
Applicants may review the categories and descriptions and apply for any category for which they meet the criteria. Applicants should review the eligibility and general entry requirements and specific requirements for the category they wish to enter before applying.
Eligibility Requirements for all categories
- Projects must have been completed or first model opened between Jan. 1, 2018, and Aug. 31, 2020.
- On the Boards projects must have been designed on or after Jan. 1, 2019.
- Websites and online links must be active and functional at time of submission.
- The same project may be entered for awards in multiple categories.
- Gold winning projects are not eligible to submit again for the same category.
- Silver winning projects may reenter if they meet the current year’s criteria.
- Any home owned or occupied by a staff member of NAHB shall be disqualified.
- $300 per entry: 55+ Housing Industry Council Members
- $350 per entry: NAHB Members
- $400 per entry: Non-Members
Are you a member of NAHB? Join the 55+ Housing Industry Council now for $100 to take advantage of additional discounted entry fees. Discounted fees will be available immediately after you become a 55+ Housing Industry Council member. Savings from two or more entries is a great return on your investment.
55+ Community of the Year
Gold winners for the community categories in 55+ Architectural Design are automatically entered to win the prestigious 55+ Community of the Year award, providing the 55+ community meets the criteria.
To apply for NAHB Best of 55+ Housing Awards, please complete the following steps:
1. Log in to awards.nahb.org.
2. Read and review categories and eligibility.
3. Read and review materials under Resources.
4. Complete an application.
5. Submit payment.