How to Enter
All applications are completed and submitted through the online awards entry portal. Please review the criteria for individual category requirements before beginning the entry process.
Categories are grouped under five (5) primary groups: 55+ Architectural Design, 55+ Marketing, 55+ Lifestyle, 55+ Individual and 55+ Firm.
To submit for a Builder, Associate or One to Watch award, nominees MUST be a current NAHB 55+ Housing Industry Council member.
- Projects must be completed in the two years prior to the application deadline of Aug. 16, 2019.
- On the Boards projects must have been designed on or after Jan. 1, 2018.
- The same project may be entered for awards in multiple categories.
- Previous Gold winners are not eligible to enter into the same category for the same award previously won but may enter other categories.
- Silver finalists from previous years are eligible in any category.
- More than one person from the same organization cannot enter the same project in the same category. In the event that this happens, only the first entry received will be accepted.
- Exception: 55+ Builder or Associate of the Year may enter after a waiting period of two entry cycles from their winning year.
- $300 per entry: 55+ Housing Industry Council Members
- $350 per entry: NAHB Members
- $400 per entry: Non-Members
Are you a member of NAHB? Join the 55+ Housing Industry Council now for $100 to take advantage of additional discounted entry fees. Discounted fees will be available immediately after you become a 55+ Housing Industry Council member. Savings from two or more entries is a great return on your investment.
55+ Community of the Year
Gold winners for the community categories in 55+ Architectural Design are automatically entered to win the prestigious 55+ Community of the Year award, providing the 55+ community meets the criteria.
Applicants may review the categories and descriptions and apply for any category for which they meet the criteria. Applicants should review the eligibility and general entry requirements before applying.
To apply for NAHB Best of 55+ Housing Awards, please complete the following steps:
1. Log in to awards.nahb.org.
2. Read and review categories and eligibility.
3. Read and review materials under Resources.
4. Complete an application.
5. Submit payment.